Continuous Integration for Embedded Systems
Thus, any change can be tested automatically within minutes.
15.11.2023, 17:00 – 17:45 CET
Are you concerned about the safety of your embedded system in the face of small code changes?
To ensure that problems are caught and addressed quickly, it’s crucial to test every code change within minutes. However, automating tests for software and embedded systems presents both benefits and challenges:
- Continuous Integration can successfully automate tests for pure software projects.
- Automating system or integration testing of embedded systems can be difficult.
- Hardware-in-the-loop tests and manual system tests often lack automation and repeatability.
- Testing typically only covers the "happy path," rather than error conditions.
- Test benches can be too expensive, limiting automation availability.
Fortunately, lightweight hardware-in-the-loop testing with miniHIL enables complete automation and testing via Continuous Integration. This approach replaces much of the test hardware with software simulation, resulting in lower hardware costs. It’s easy to simulate and test faulty behavior with faulty signals, ensuring comprehensive test coverage. By using miniHIL, you can achieve full and fast test automation, facilitating the effective development of complex embedded software in teams.